It is already half over, this month of summer...but it has been so busy, I have hardly noticed! Last weekend in the billion degree heat, Alex played a tournament in Cincy- that was fun...they lost all the games, but it was a great end to a very long season! So thankful it is over. But, while we were there, I got to spend time with my amazing friend Suzanne and her lovely family. She just moved into this gorgeous house and I just loved every minute there- she is such a gracious host and friend, I am so blessed to have her. She even watched the kids while Dana and I went to IKEA...
Probably not such a great idea- ha! We fell in love. Instantly. Even Dana! We only had about an hour and a half, but we knew we were looking for an entertainment stand. We almost left the children so we could get it home! So...viola! What do you think?!
I LOVE it. Honestly, we looked at so many, but not until we saw this piece did we know immediately that we wanted to bring it home. It is so perfect...perfect size, it really defines the space there and holds all the movies and crap we need it to. The shelves are all adjustable and the only compromise I had to make was I had to promise not to put a bunch of picture frames all on it. So, Dana suggested we just have grandparents on it, so that is what we did. I LOVE it. Did I already say that??!! Well, I do, and it just fits perfectly. Only downside...Dana thinks he needs a bigger TV- yeah, I'll get right on that!
So, onto the next project...the kids' (girls) bathroom...it had never been painted...ever. and I hate unpainted walls. So, I found this can of "oops" paint at Lowe's last week- it was a dark grey- called Evening Twilight. Looked perfect. The girls were not too thrilled that I was painting it grey, but I wanted yellow accents, so they conceded. Then I started painting...it has a bit more purple in it than I thought....but turns out that we all love it. I bought a new shower curtain, I found a shelf to hang (not pictured) and viola- here it is:
Then, I decided to change the accents in our master bath. It was chocolate brown and lime green. Now instead of the green, we did blues, and hung all beach photos. I LOVE it too. We have yet to hang the big pictures, but you get the idea:
I have yet to frame the mirrors in both baths, but that is next on the list!
Onto outdoors...
Here is my first ever garden of my own:
4 tomato plants, 3 peppers and 1 cucumber bush- I am beyond excited that they are thriving even with the drought we have had!
Our new table and umbrella from my parents- LOVE it- I had been watching this table for months- when it was clearanced, I snatched it up! Lucky me! The boy chose the blue umbrella and I am ecstatic to use it!
So, for now, that is all...I am tired now. But I do love it all...can you tell?!
14 July 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I just love paint. The possibilities are endless and with such a small time commitment and monetary investment, what's not to love??? The girls bathroom is so fun and the shower curtain gives you a lot to work with. Good job!!!
Post a Comment