Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

08 May 2012

Yum!

So, I have a slight addiction to baking new treats.  I have a new found love of real butter too.  Hence, these delicious treats baked from scratch today.

Lemonade Cupcakes with 
Raspberry Buttercream

1 (12oz) frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
1 package white cake mix
8 oz. sour cream
1 (3oz) cream cheese, softened
3 eggs


Combine concentrate, cake mix, sour cream, cream cheese and eggs in a mixing bowl.  Mix on LOW until ingredients are moistened.  Beat on HIGH for 3 minutes, scraping sides as needed. Spoon batter into lined muffin tins.  Fill 3/4 full.
***I should have filled mine a little more, because I had enough batter to make 12 more mini ones in my mini-muffin pan)***  (not that it was bad, right?!!)

Bake a 325 for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool in pans for 5 minutes.  Remove from pans and place on wire rack.  Cool completely before frosting.

Raspberry Frosting

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
6 oz fresh raspberries (rinsed and dried completely)  
**I used frozen, thawed and drained**
1 tsp Vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
32 oz confectioners sugar

Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with a mixer until creamy.  Gradually add powdered sugar, blending well after each addition.  (Try not to eat before icing cupcakes- it's awfully addicting)
Frost cooled cupcakes using 1M tip.  (I use a ziploc freezer bag and pipe it on)

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Yum! sounds delish!

Lauri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Did they taste as good as they look and sound? I want some, but I don't want to do the work or work off the calories.

Amanda B. said...

Thanks again for sharing these tonight! They were awesome and I will totally make. I love love love baking treats and could do it every day but I don't because I have no self control and eat waaaay too much of what I make. ;)