My good friend Holly invited us to go rollerskating last night for FHE. It has only been a couple years since I have skated (for Leah's friends' party), and Alex and Celeste had never been before, so I thought, sure!! Dana hadn't been since he was Alex's age- so let the fun begin, right?!
It was this dive (aren't all roller rinks, dives?!), and it was "Christian" night- so good wholesome music and cheap admission! We even got a devotional out of it! Fun!! The skaters were all very nice families and the atmosphere was very different than the one near our house. The kids had a blast- despite several falls, wipeouts and dehydration. Even Dana had fun! Holly and I cruised around a few times, and I showed her my sweet skills of skating backwards- until I fell!! ha ha
Here is a montage of our night!
Dana and I were so sore last night when we got home and in bed...some ibuprofen is on order for today! The kids are dying to go again...us, well, give us some time to recover!
21 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
sounds fun! I went roller skating a few years ago and had a ball but I was so nervous someone was going to bump into me. I knew if I fell, it would be a disaster.
Too much fun! I cannot remember the last time a roller skated...probably in high school!
Post a Comment