Alex has been playing basketball this winter for parks and recreation. His team is doing really well- they are the only team to have beaten each of the other teams. It is really fun to watch these boys play and excel on the court. Alex has progressed a ton this season. He was a leading scorer some games, had many assists in others and has gotten really good at passing and defending. We love watching him play and really learn the game. There has been some drama this year, from their coach bailing, and Dana helping step in, to many arguments with the referees, and other coaches. I think they sometimes forget that this isn't the NBA Finals, but 6th grade rec ball! I hope the kids see the difference and embrace just having fun. Alex is saving for a hoop for our front driveway so he can work on perfecting some shots. I am happy he is excited about playing and doing so well. His last game is on Saturday, then we have a break until his travel baseball season starts mid May. He will play about 35 games on that team, so he is really going to love that. Dana is the coach. I don't mind, though, baseball is my favorite sport to watch him play. We are excited. Scratch that- I am excited, I think the girls aren't that happy!! Here is a montage of him playing this weekend.


Speaking of progress...not only is Elaina walking around, she is getting faster and faster. She is growing like a weed- at 10 months, she is weighing in at 20 pounds 14 ounces and is 27 inches long! What a girl! What a chub- just like the others! We cannot get enough of her- she is so fun. Yesterday, after she was "done" with her oatmeal, I went to get a rag for her face. She grabbed the bowl off the table with spider arms, I suppose, because it wasn't even close to her, and before I knew it, this is what I found...
She was so proud and happy at that moment. Look at that face! She was loving it! Hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment