It was our Spring trip to visit my grandparents at the farm this past weekend! It was so wonderful and perfect- the weather was super nice and the kids had a great time as usual. I got to spend some of the best hours with those I love and treasure- couldn't ask for more- except that they could be in better health. My grandpa's body has too much sodium, so his legs are seeping fluid because the skin just can't stretch anymore. My grandma's memory is getting worse, so she isn't much help in remembering that he can't have salt! I am going to get back up there in the next couple of months- these are the times that can't wait!
But here are some pics of while we were there- the kids and the horses in the pasture- and our pic of all of us together.
But here are some pics of while we were there- the kids and the horses in the pasture- and our pic of all of us together.
So, till we see them again, I am counting on a bunch of prayers and hoping all is well with them. Oh how I love them.


6 comments:
That looks like way too much fun. I always wanted to see or ride horses when I was younger and never got to. I bet your kids had a blast. It is so hard to see grandparents get older. Mine have all passed away and it was hard. I hope your grandpa's legs don't hurt him.
What a blast!! How nice to see them-and to have them so close!
Looks like a great time! Your kids will remember these precious memories.
It is no fun watching grandparents age and struggle with their health, but such a wonderful blessing to get to spend time with them with your kids. That farm looks amazing and those are some great pictures. You and your kids will treasure these visits forever- that is just awesome! :)
All of the green in the pictures is making me envious. What a beautiful setting. And how nice that you are close enough to visit and help care for your grandparents. I'm sure they loved the visit.
what a great weekend to go. grandma looks pretty much the same, i can tell a difference in your grandpa though. hopefully its just a rough patch and things will turn around. grandparents are such a blessing.
Post a Comment