Just Us

Just Us
August 2013

Go Bucks!

Go Bucks!
OSU fans for life!

Visitors

22 May 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow? II

Posted by Picasa
This was the first year I ever planted anything close to a "garden"! I usually acquire a tomato plant or two from my mom- plant it by the fence, water it religiously (for a while, till I forget) and then get one at best...pathetic, I know. This year, since Suzanne showed me a fun way to start with seeds in March, I thought, "what the heck"...so we (the kids and I) got some seeds, a planter and we set to work. It was fun for them!! We planted tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, chives, zinnia's, cosmos and moss roses. The cosmos and roses didn't grow, but the veggies flourished! You can see them in the top left of the collage. I was amazed! My sweet neighbors and friends dug this huge garden, and since our house is on the market, let me plant my plants in theirs. It helps that all I have to do is jump the fence, and I can help water and till- which the kids loved too! So tonight I planted the tomatoes, 16 of them, the cucumbers, 12 of them, lots of carrots and the chives. Now we water and wait.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you working in the dirt! I'm impressed! Cute photo collage!!! You're so good. And so not pregnant!!! (;0)

- Bonnie